Job Title: Sales Officer (10 Entry Level Job Opportunities)
Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/SO/09/01/2017
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate secondary market orders with the CP and promptly advise on delivery
- Manage and ensure primary and secondary targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Implement sales improvement initiative strategies in retail markets
- Audit and advise CPs on acquisition of appropriate logistics and man power resources to support retail expansion distribution
- Empirically update customer databases and submit on a weekly basis
- The jobholder will guide CPs sales team to optimize product placement into secondary markets
- Monitor usage of coolers in assigned territory and submit status report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Regularly monitor the usage of company distribution panel vans in assigned territory and provide performance report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Provide a daily price analysis for towns in assigned territory to the Regional Sales Manager
- Ensure that the CP route sales trucks are being optimized for retail / wholesale distribution with adequate frequency to ensure product visibility
- Ensure appropriate product display in retail and wholesale outlets at eye contact level
- Develop new accounts in assigned territory and advise CPs to effectively supply products
- Ensure that sales information system reports are maintained by CPs and updated on time as required
- Follow up on customer balances as per credit days and advise on invoices due for clearance
- Participate in sales promotion activities including: trade fairs and sales campaigns
- Keenly analyze CP floor stock and give advice on order booking in relation to CP targets.
- Prepare and submit weekly market intelligence reports to the regional sales manager
- Supervise and guide merchandisers for optimum product visibility in supermarkets and retail outlets
- Prepare and submit reports to your supervisors as required within the timelines stipulated
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time by the Regional Sales Manager or Head Office Sales staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing or any other related field. Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma is an added advantage
- At least two years of relevant experience in a large manufacturing set up.
- Ability to work independently should have excellent selling skills, effective communication skills, excellent customer care skills, sound decision making skills and ability to work in the field.
- Integrity, flexible, good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Have a positive attitude, results focused, creative, innovative, can work for long hours under pressure with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating contact details of three (3) referees should to be sent via post or hand delivered to: The Human Resource Department, Mukwano Group of Companies, P. O. Box 2671, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications can also be sent to: [email protected] Please clearly quote the job reference as subject of your E-mail. Attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.
Deadline: 21st January, 2017