Job Title: Barclays Rising Eagles Graduate Programme 2018 (10 Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Barclays is one of the world’s biggest financial service providers. We have 140 000 people across Europe, America, Africa and Asia. Our services include personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, and investment management. Our proud tradition of innovation remains at the heart of our business today. But it is our ambition and the actions we’re taking to achieve them that truly sets us apart.
About Barclays Rising Eagles Graduate Programme 2018:
This programme will see you laying the foundations for your future success – taking the first steps towards a fulfilling, rewarding and lasting career with us. On the programme for 11 months-(January to November), you’ll be guided, moulded and trained – building up the skills and experience you’ll need to become a leader for our future. Every step of the way, our training and support will keep your development on track.The programme spans almost every part of our business, from Retail and Business Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking, Risk, Marketing and Corporate Affairs to Financial Management. Rest assured – every route offers its own challenges, and its own unique opportunities. Wherever you join us, you’ll be challenged and inspired by leaders at every level. You’ll be expected to bring new ideas and enthuse all those around you. And you’ll define where your ambitions lie within our dynamic global organisation.
Job Summary: The Trainees should be eager to learn, ready to speak up, and focused clearly on what they want to achieve. These are the people who can put their careers into action – carving their own path while shaping our organisation for the future. There are three career paths;
- Retail and Business Banking: Our extensive deals and advisory expertise coupled with our knowledge of local financial requirements and legal and jurisdictional frameworks enables us to service the rapidly-expanding Ugandan economy. Our product specialists strive to develop a deep understanding of their clients’ needs resulting in the creation of bespokesolutions that aim to be ahead of market developments.
- Corporate and Investment Banking: Through dedicated relationships, industry specialists and product expert teams, we provide integrated solutions to businesses, financial institutions, as well as large local and global corporates, to enhance their trading status and help them achieve their domestic and international trade objectives. Specialist areas include:
- Debt finance
- Cash Management
- Trade and Working Capital
- Open Account Finance
- Corporate Product Management
- Authenticated Collections
- Global Finance and Transactional Banking
- Client Engagement: By developing a deep understanding of their business objectives, challenges and opportunities, Client Engagement is all about delivering the best service to our clients.
- Markets: Markets is where the world happens first – which makes it a fast and fascinating place to build a career. Our core work here includes making markets, structuring solutions and providing leading research into the economy and sectors of the markets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All applicants for the Graduate Programme 2018 should hold a Honours Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in any of the disciplines that we recruit from, obtained before January 2018 i.e. Actuarial Science, Agriculture & forestry, Business & management studies, Communications & PR, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, General engineering, Human Resources (HR), Investments, Law, Maths, Quantitative Management / Operations Research, Statistics
- The applicant should have below 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Technical Competencies: Financial analysis, Investment analysis, Market Research & Analysis, Data analysis, Client service/communications, Commercially Savvy, Financial Budgeting, Planning and Reporting, Legal advice, Marketing Communications
- Behavioural Competencies:Adaptability Proactivity & Self-Motivation Continuous Learning Problem Solving Resilience / Tenacity Teamwork Time Management/Priority Setting Work ethic Valuing Cultural Diversity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply onlineby visiting the web link below and follow the procedure.
Deadline: 11th August 2017