Job Title: Technician (100 Fresh Graduate Diploma Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Engineer
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Technician will provide field technical support to Engineers in the delivery of customer services, metering, network operations and maintenance of the distribution infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct network switching operations.
- Carry out network inspections including lines, meters and operating equipment.
- In charge of the installation and securing of meters.
- Conduct the exercise of data collection and customer mapping.
- Promptly act and accurately report and/or escalate all safety incidents, near-misses inclusive, in accordance with the Company safety incident reporting procedure.
- Responsible for the inspection and replacement of domestic energy meters in the district.
- Ensure all executed works comply with the set Engineering, Regulatory, Operating Regulations on High Voltage Systems (ORHVS) and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) standards, policies, procedures and rules.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports as requested by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Umeme Technician jobs should hold Diplomas in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have scored a credit in O-Level Mathematics.
- The applicants should have finished the Technical college course between 2015 & 2016.
- Having driving or motorcycle riding skills will be an added advantage.
- Age: Below 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to e-mail their updated CVs and cover letters only to the address: [email protected] Attachments must not be more than 2 MB. Clearly mark in subject field: “PPG – Umeme – Technician”.
Deadline: Friday 13th January 2017 by 5PM