Job Title: Reservation & Ticketing Agent
Organisation: Qatar Airways (QA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Ref: QR13220
Qatar Airways has gradually grown to reaching over 120 destinations worldwide, offering unmatched levels of service excellence that have helped excel the award-winning carrier to become best in the world. Qatar Airways was voted Airline of the Year 2011 and in 2012 in the prestigious Skytrax industry audit and it has won the confidence of the travelling public.
With a larger number of passengers and more choice available in the skies today, Qatar Airways is looking to maintain and grow their position in the marketplace with exceptional high-quality service with ever-increasing efficiency. In this highly competitive environment, Qatar Airways has achieved much with our phenomenal route expansion averaging 30% growth year to year and flying one of the most modern fleet of almost 120 aircraft in the skies today. Qatar Airways’ global network currently spans key business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America, with scheduled flights operating to and from our hub in Doha, capital of the State of Qatar.
Job Summary: The Reservation & Ticketing Agent will support Qatar Airways through the provision of a full service-oriented professional reservations and ticketing service to all customers and travel businesses either through telephone calls or in person meetings. You will achieve optimal customer satisfaction and achieve annual budget revenue targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will be making and confirming reservations for passengers, issuing tickets and quoting the correct fares to minimise passenger complains
- Ensuring that all calls are answered within three rings and maintain call duration of less than four minutes.
- Ensuring that 95% of calls are answered and that the abandoned call rate is less than 5%.
- Maximising the number of bookings made in order to achieve departmental targets
- The Reservation & Ticketing Agent will also be maximising customer satisfaction, service excellence and professionalism at all times towards clients
- Effectively communicating the fares, policies and procedures to passengers by providing accurate information
- Actioning group requests and staff travel requests as and when required by the Sales Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Qatar Airways Reservation & Ticketing Agent job opportunity should hold a High School Education combined with a recognised IATA/Airline Basic Tariff Course.
- Possession of a certificate in Amadeus will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role with one year exposure to reservation and ticketing using Amadeus would be ideal.
- Possess excellent geographical knowledge, mathematical/calculation skills combined with an excellent telephone manner and superior customer service capability.
- English language fluency (written and spoken) is a requirement for this role.
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join Qatar Airways in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below. You will be required to attach an updated Resume / CV.
Deadline: 30th November 2016