Job Title: Field Officer (12 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Action for Relief and Development (ARD)
Duty Station: Jinja, Iganga, Mayuge, Bugiri, Tororo, Kamuli, Buyende, Namayingo, Kaliro and Namutumba, Uganda
Action for Relief and Development is a community development organization dedicated to work with children and families in Uganda, to rise above their daily pressing needs. The Vision of ARD is community where children and families are able to live their full potential. Its mission is to Work with children and families to partake their rights and promote social transformation. In doing this, it focuses on issues of child health, child rights and family livelihoods that affect families in rural and hard to reach areas in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Field Officers will support the operationalization of the Farmer Field and Life Schools (FFLS) for farmer organisation (FO), Satellite Collection Points (SCPs) and smaller groups for ART and pregnant mothers at health facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish/manage Farmer Field and Life Schools (FFLS).
- Carry out technical field support through training, demonstrations and return demonstrations on agronomy, PHLR, WASH, Nutrition, Stores management, collective marketing, gender and group dynamics for farmer organisation (FO), Satellite Collection Points (SCPs) and smaller groups for ART and pregnant mothers at health facilities.
- Ensure visibility of the program at community and household level.
- Prepare and submit routine activity reports.
- Work closely with community based stakeholders (both political and technical) to ensure harmonious project implementation.
- Work closely with the relevant district officials to ensure that best practices are adhered to and that set targets are met during the implementation period
- Perform any other roles that may be assigned by the team leader
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold first degrees in Agriculture, Nutrition or Food Science from a recognized university. A TOT in any of the above result areas will be an added advantage.
- One year of experience in related field from a reputable organisation.
- mobilisation skills
- Training skills
- Knowledge in report writing
- Driving and riding skills
- Communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Capacity to undertake multiple assignments
- Practical working knowledge of ICT and its applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should follow the format as indicated in the Summary Form for applicants, download here (the filled form should not exceed 2 pages and please fill out all fields) and send it via E-mail to [email protected].
Deadline: 5th February, 2017