Job Title: Enrolled Nurse (134 Jobs)
Organisation: Health Service Commission
Funding Source: United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Reports to: Nursing Officer
The United States Government under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
(PEPFAR) is a key partner in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Uganda that plans to complement the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) effort in addressing the Human Resources for Health (HRH) shortage. The support aims to scale up HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in light of the rising HIV/AIDS prevalence in the country. Health workers recruited under this support will be contracted by the implementing Partners and they will be seconded to identified hospitals and Health Centres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Takes part in continuous nursing coverage on Wards/Units by receiving reports and effectively handing over to in-coming staff.
• Keeps patients comfortable and ensure a clean and safe environment.
• Provides timely treatment as prescribed and carry out nursing procedures.
• Carries out observations, keep proper records and ensure their safe custody.
• Participates in doctors/clinical officers’ ward rounds.
• Receives patients, registers admissions and discharges.
• Ensures that aseptic techniques are adhered to in the preparation procedures.
• Maintains close contact with patients
• Ensure confidentiality
• Carries out Health Education to patients and their attendants.
• Actively participates in Primary Health Care activities.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Nursing Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the nursing jobs should be enrolled nurses or enrolled comprehensive nurses with certificates from recognized institutions
• At least two years’ experience as an enrolled Nurse.
• The applicant must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
• The candidate should possess a patient focused approach and pleasant personality.
• Must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send their applications in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary of the respective District Service Commission. The application forms are obtainable from the Health Service Commission and District Service Commission Offices or download here, download here. Handwritten applications in triplicate are also acceptable. The applications should bear the title, number of the post applied for, name of the District and name of the site where the job is tenable. (Check at the top of the bottom). Please include telephone contacts on the application. The applicants should apply for only one post in one Local Government. Health Professionals who are already in government or PNFP employment are not encouraged to apply. The applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, testimonials, professional registration certificates, valid practicing licenses and three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs.
Send your applications or deliver them to your preferred district addresses as indicated below;
Alebtong P.O. Box 316, Lira Kotido P.O. Box Box 1, Kotido
Amuria P.O. Box Box 4, Amuria Kyankwanzi P.O. Box 90, Kiboga
Apac P.O. Box Box 1, Apac Kyegegwa P.O. Box 99, Kyegegwa
Arua P.O. Box Box 1, Arua Kyenjojo P.O. Box 1002, Kyenjojo
Bugiri P.O. Box 37, Bugiri Lyantonde P.O. Box 12, Lyantonde
Buhweju P.O. Box Box 10, Kabwohe Masaka P.O. Box 634, Masaka
Bukomansimbi P.O. Box Box 293, Masaka Mayuge P.O. Box 1317, Mayuge
Butaleja P.O. Box Box 1, Butaleja Mbarara, P.O. Box 1, Mbarara
Gulu P.O. Box 2, Gulu Mitooma, P.O. Box 98, Bushenyi.
Hoima P.O. Box 465, Hoima Moroto P.O. Box Box Moroto
Iganga P.O. Box 358, Iganga Mpigi P.O. Box Box 172, Mpigi
Isingiro P.O. Box 1, Isingiro Mubende P.O. Box Box 93, Mubende
Jinja P.O. Box 1551, Jinja Mukono P.O. Box Box 110, Mukono
Kabale P.O. Box 5, Kabale Namayingo P.O. Box Box 64, Bugiri
Kabarole P.O. Box 3, Fortportal Nebbi P.O. Box Box 1, Nebbi
Kalangala P.O. Box 2, Kalangala Nwoya P.O. Box 1033 Nwoya
Kamwenge P.O. Box Box 1408, Kamwenge Ntungamo P.O. Box Box 1, Ntungamo
Kasese P.O. Box 250, Kasese Oyam P.O. Box 30, Loro-oyam
Katakwi P.O. Box Box 2, Karuguuza Pader P.O. Box 1, Pader
Kayunga P.O. Box Box 18000, Kayunga Rakai P.O. Box 21, Kyotera
Kibaale P.O. Box Box 2, Kibaale Sembabule P.O. Box 1388, Masaka
Kiryadongo P.O. Box Box 137, Kigumba Soroti P.O. Box 61, Soroti
Kisoro P.O. Box Box 123, Kisoro Tororo P.O. Box 1, Tororo
Kitgum P.O. Box Box 28, Kitgum Wakiso P.O. Box 7218, Kampala
Koboko P.O. Box Box 1, Koboko Zombo P.O. Box Box 6, Paidha
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Health workers who are already in government service or private not for profit (PNFP) employment should not apply and will not be considered.
Deadline: 2nd September, 2015
Duty Station: Amuria, Apac, Arua, Bugiri, Buhweju, Bukomansimbi, Butaleja, Buvuma, Gulu, Hoima, Iganga, Isingiro, Jinja, Kabale, Kabarole, Kalangala, Kamwenge, Kasese, Katakwi, Kayunga, Kibaale, Kiryandongo, Kisoro, Kitgum, Koboko, Kotido, Kyankwanzi, Kyenjojo, Lyantonde, Masaka, Mayuge, Mbarara, Mitooma, Moroto, Mpigi, Mubende, Mukono, Namayingo, Nebbi, Ntungamo, Nwoya, Oyam, Pader, Rakai, Sembabule, Soroti, Tororo, Wakiso and Zombo, Uganda