Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda.
Customer Care At Bridge
- As the main point of contact for all our callers, Customer Care Department is the voice and face of the company, handling requests, inquiries and a host of other duties that vary depending on the type of issue business.
- The customer service department plays an important role in the survival and continued functioning Bridge.
- Although there are many different roles that a customer service department plays, the major role is to ensure that all callers get their issues attended to and escalated to the correct department. The tasks and activities of customer service representatives are directly related to this role
About The Role
- The Customer Care Associate will be responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to customers.
Customer Care Associate Job Responsibilities
- Respond to, resolve and record all callers’ inquiries & complaints and maintain records of all interactions.
- Provide customers with process and service support with regards to all Academy operations, billing information, construction, marketing, curriculum support and IT systems support.
- Identify, resolve or escalate all reported issues and complete all call logs.
- Research required information using all available resources to offer prompt resolution.
- Update the existing databases with changes and the status of each caller / reported issue.
- Make timely follow-up calls on initial contacts, to provide feedback and progress on issues raised.
- Data entry and maintenance of callers and potential customers’ data bases.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for Customer Care Associate Job
- A diploma in Customer Service, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or any related field.
- At least two years Customer Care experience, Customer Service or help desk support.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Customer service oriented, high level of motivation & professional telephone etiquette.
- Resilience, ability to function under high pressure environment, dependable, responsible, able to follow specific instructions as well as deliver on commitments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- fast and accurate typing.
- A responsible & positive attitude, able to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic & complex caller information.
- Excellent people skills, ability to build rapport & relationships with all stakeholders.
- Quick decision-making abilities & independence, ability to ‘think on your feet’.
- Basic computer knowledge / technological skills, proficiency in Ms office suites, keyboarding skills adept in using search tools, browsers and common email applications
- Ability to adapt to change, meet the changing demands of the work environment, work long hours on different shifts across a 24-hr period & weekends.
- Ability to multitask, work well as an individual & part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback & contribute to team building.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others.
- You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
How to Apply
Click here to apply