Job Title: Accounts Manager (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Kiboko Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Kiboko Group was established in 1992 with the incorporation of Kiboko Enterprises in Uganda. Initially focused on the distribution of roofing sheets, the business has since expanded in a group of four diversified companies. These range from pharmaceutical distribution, pharmaceutical manufacturing, distribution of fast-moving consumer goods and premium-quality financial services. Through its vision, the company has retained a close connection to the communities it serves, by supporting countrywide medical campaigns in Uganda and supporting the development of local talent. The company is headquartered in Uganda, Kampala and has operational offices across East Africa, in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Accounts Manager will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations in finance department and preparation and submission of timely reports to management. The incumbent will also ensure greater ownership, scrutiny and management of the balance sheet accounts and develop a cash-focused culture within the company to safeguard future profitability and shareholder value. The incumbent will provide administrative and financial management services to Management reporting for the departments of Directors, Human resource, security, and general finance in a bid to reflect the correct picture of the balance sheet via cash floats accounts and general accounts within the balance sheet to improve working capital. The job’s primary purpose is to monitor and ensure company accounts are up to date and follow up on outstanding payments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing financial and accounting function on day to day basis of required interval.
- In charge of preparing and presenting management information reporting with required analytical skills.
- Forecasting well in advance of financial positioning of company and taking required action or reporting to management to avert any financial discomfort.
- In charge of preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly balance sheet, PCC account and prepared various comparable analysis.
- Keep tight and vigil watch on budgetary allocation and remain within the budget.
- Responsible for preparing cost analysis, cost sheet and identify areas of potential saving or cost cutting and recommend the cost cutting measures to management.
- Regulate, monitor and ensure effective liaison with bank and various financial institutions, keep close watch on each activity and fulfill all obligatory requirements.
- Ensuring of preparing paying or filling all required statutory obligation on required time.
- Responsible for monitoring Cash/Bank, Journal Vouchers and Ledgers
- Making Supplier Payments (TT) to the Group of Companies
- Follow up Debtors Collection for the Stores
- Office administration Works
- On Daily Basis, tracks of Cash flow banking from Branches to Banks
- Monitoring forex rates daily basis
- Responsible for monitoring company Accounts.
- Preparation of VAT Returns Monthly
- Monitoring Payroll
- Process of Monthly Local Purchases Payments
- Summary of Petty Cash Monthly
- Charged with the preparation of Bank Reconciliation
- Receivables and Payables Analysis
- Monthly Schedules preparation
- Monitoring PAYEE, NSSF Returns
- Reconciliation of Sundry Debtors and Creditors
- Monitoring and Suggestions to local staffs
- Preparation of Monthly Sales Report
- General Duties as assigned by Directors time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a B.com, BBA with an emphasis in Accounting, Or a Finance degree from a reputable institution.
- Possession of professional qualifications like CPA or ACCA is required.
- A minimum of five years of related work experience
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge in Tally and related programs.
- Good data analysis & statistical skills
- Positive leadership to guide the work force on efficiently discussing the duty.
- Be able to build a strong team, develop good corporate Governance at work and dignity to the identity to the work.
- Positive Attitude
- Open and Decisive.
- Language: Intermediate level of English and one other language.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs either by hand delivery to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
Via E-mail to: [email protected]. Please kindly indicate the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email i.e. Application _Accounts Manager.
Deadline: 21st March 2016 by 5:00pm