Job Title: Driver (2 Career Vacancies)
Duty Station: Kampala and Gulu, Uganda
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive TNS vehicle to all approved destinations while maintaining care and safety of the passengers and the organization vehicle.
• The incumbent will also be tasked with keeping TechnoServe vehicles in good running conditions including car washing, maintenance and repairs
• Appropriately check/ verify that all vehicle repair proposals are correct and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ensure that the assigned vehicle is up to date with insurance, and other relevant regulations according to the requirements of the Traffic Act in Uganda;
• Instantaneously report any car accident to the nearest Police station, or nearest local authority of the area and keep the field / Kampala office informed of such incidents.
• Ensure that the vehicles daily log sheets are filled correctly prior to departure and after every trip, make sure that vehicle movement authorization is obtained from the relevant person for every movement;
• The incumbent will also tally monthly vehicle fuel consumption report, repair and services reports etc.
• Ensure that Techno Serve’s vehicles are not used for personal business.
• Demonstrates transparency and accountability in all areas of work.
• Provide administrative / clerical support which include banking or messenger services and any other roles as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the Driver Jobs must possess either “O” or “A” Level Certificates. Possession of a certificate course (mechanical, logistics, business or customer care) is an added advantage.
• Hold a clean and valid driving license;
• At least five years of driving experience with INGO or development agencies.
• The incumbent should have practical knowledge and skills in examining and assessing car repairs
• Basic computer literacy skills
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
• Multi-tasking, passionate and self-driven;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified prospective employees are encouraged to send their applications to: UGfirstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 28th August, 2015