Job Title: Fire Engine Driver (2 Employment Opportunities)
Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/FED/15/09/2015
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Job Summary: The Fire Engine Driver will support the EHS Officer by ensuring that all the Fire Engines are in good mechanical and operational condition to fight fires in the different Company/assigned locations. The incumbents will conduct regular checks on the fire engine following guidelines issued by the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the fire engine to the assigned/specified destinations and operate the engine to fight fire.
• The incumbent will identify fire prone areas and manage them properly.
• Carry out routine preventive maintenance of fire engine.
• Carry out fire hazard assessments.
• The incumbent will arrange for cleaning of the fire engine as per approved cleaning schedule.
• In charge of reporting mechanical faults to the EHS Officer and Transport Supervisor
• Work closely with the firemen in regard to fire fighting, implementing precautionary and preventive measures in all functions.
• Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelines at all times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (O’ level Certificate)
• Also, they should be in possession of a CM & B class Driving Permit
• Three years of related work experience in a manufacturing company or any other busy organization.
• Positive attitude, self-driven, flexible, results focused
• Excellent communication, professionalism, creative, innovative, work for long hours and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Possess good report writing, communication and good customer care skills
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating contact details of three (3) referees should to be sent via post or hand delivered to: The Human Resource Department, Mukwano Group of Companies, P. O. Box 2671, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications can also be sent to: [email protected] Please clearly quote the job reference as subject of your E-mail. Attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2015