Job Title: Extension Workers – Cash and Markets (2 Job Positions)
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Cash and Livelihoods Officer
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Extension Workers – Cash and Markets will be supporting all cash-based interventions including multi-purpose cash using mobile money and e-vouchers, data collection, including baseline, post distribution monitoring using digital tools, market prices, market complaints handling using MMT. The incumbent is also responsible for commodity quality control, troubleshoot any vendor interface challenges, and assist beneficiaries in market transaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Cash and Market Extension Workers will assist in identification, registration and verification of beneficiaries, working together with the nutritionist and livelihoods extension workers;
- Provide daily/periodic fresh food quality monitoring at refugee and host community markets;
- Support the vendors to use the provided vendor interface equipment and e-voucher cards;
- Assist beneficiaries with the usage of vouchers and carrying out a purchase. S/he will facilitate meetings between trader groups and voucher beneficiaries;
- Identify market solutions for gaps, such as quality, quantities and produce regular monitoring reports, including on market hygiene and public health (quality, clean environment).
- Specifically, the Cash and Market Extension Worker will assess training needs of host and refugee communities and provide training on cash based interventions and approaches. S/he will coordinate activities in the field including mobilization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid Extension Workers – Cash and Markets job placement must hold a B.Sc. in Economics, business development or related field
- Previous experience working with cash based interventions
- A minimum of two years’ work experience especially in refugee settlements
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) with ability to work with data bases and statistical software packages
- Broad knowledge and understanding digital data collection using mobile monitoring technology (MMT)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the West Nile context and local languages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should mail their applications letters, together with updated CVs and contact details of three work-related references, to [email protected] with the subject line referring to the exact job title.
Deadline: 2nd January 2017