Job Title: Programme Manager (2 Career Opportunities)
Organisation: GOAL International
Project Name: MasterCard foundation Driving Youth-led New Agribusiness and Microenterprise (DYNAMIC) Programme
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Programme Director
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. GOAL Uganda country project focuses on two of GOAL’s three strategic sectors: Health (including WASH and health accountability programming); and Livelihoods. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection and the environment/DRR across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with local civil society organisations, private sector partners and District Local Government to give effect to our mission.
About MasterCard foundation DYNAMIC Project:
GOAL Uganda with funding from MasterCard foundation is working in consortia with Mercy Corps, VSO and Restless Development in implementing the Driving Youth-led New Agribusiness and Microenterprise (DYNAMIC) programme which will strengthen systems and facilitate the creation of sustainable economic opportunities for disadvantaged Ugandan Youth. DYNAMIC’S overall goal is to increase the number of young people who are in secure employment or self-employment and to promote effective and efficient agricultural market systems for youth. Through a market-driven and holistic approach, DYNAMIC will engage an array of public and private sector actors to increase access to goods, services, markets, information and productive and social assets to increase productivity of Ugandan agribusinesses and non-farm enterprises. GOAL is the technical lead for M&E in the DYNAMIC programme.
Job Summary: The Programme Manager will be in charge of the overall oversight and leadership to the implementation teams in two assigned districts (comprising eight team members) of the MasterCard Foundation funded DYNAMIC programme. The incumbent will work closely with an extended team from GOAL and all consortia partners to research, design, implement and measure the district level programme outputs/outcomes. The incumbent will be the key focal person for drawing all elements of the program together at a district level, while at the same time ensuring compliance to GOAL systems, effective people management; ensuring that programme staff are given clear direction, support supervision and remain productive and accountable.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidates for the GOAL International Programme Manager Jobs must hold Bachelor’s Degrees in business, economic development or other relevant field
• A minimum of five years’ experience including three years of relevant management experience, with positions of progressively greater responsibilities.
• Past experience with market facilitation, supporting systemic change and promoting supporting services indirectly, is preferred (M4P and or value chain and private sector development experience)
• Some practical experience building and managing partnerships.
• Strong writing, communication, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Excellent (English) verbal and written communication skills with proven financial management skills.
• Strong computer literacy skills with working knowledge of office applications.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda via E-mail to: AdminKampala@ug.goal.ie
NB: Please Do Not Attach Certificates. Please indicate the location of preference in the CV and salary expectations. (Lira/Kaabong)
Deadline: 30th August 2015.