Job Title: Research Assistants (20 Entry Level Jobs)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Eastern/Western Uganda, Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 150 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of health sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of health.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sensitize heads of households about the PBO net study including the household survey and the clinical survey of children.
- Seek consent for participation in the cross-sectional community household and clinical surveys.
- Administer the household survey questionnaire to heads of household with the research assistant.
- Map households using hand held GPS device.
- The incumbent will screen and enroll household children into the clinical survey.
- Ensure accurate labelling, packaging and timely transport of all laboratory specimens from the field.
- Ensure accurate and proper completion of all study logs, questionnaires and case record forms.
- Offer support in the organization and filing of study forms and generation of reports in collaboration with the study coordinators and data management team.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and research findings as appropriate.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Research Assistant jobs should hold Degrees in Humanities with two to three years progressive work experience in a similar setting
- Previous experience in any community surveys will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to work extra hours and travel long distances in rural settings.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit
- Ability to speak at least one language commonly used in Eastern or Western Uganda
- Willingness to live and work up country in Eastern or Western Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send typed letters of application together with current CV, two reference letters from past employers and copies of academic certificates should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
- O Box 7475, Kampala, 2C Nakasero Hill Road OR IDRC Tororo office at the Tororo District Hospital OR IDRC Mbarara Office opposite Lake View Hotel OR IDRC Mbale office on Plot 35 Masaba Road OR IDRC Busia Office at Masafu General Hospital
NB: Please clearly indicate in your application letter “Application for the post of Research Assistant” and state your region of preference “Eastern Region or Western Region.”
Deadline: 16th December, 2016