Job Title: Water Engineer (20 Vacancies)
Organisation: Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: District Engineer
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) provides funding from the District Water and Sanitation Development Conditional Grant for District Local Governments. Funds for this programme are directly disbursed to Districts as per approved work plans and are expected to be implemented by functional District Water Offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Water Engineer will be in charge of the District Water Department.
• Responsible for preparing Terms of Reference for engaging technical consultants and contractors, as well as ensuring good project management cycle execution.
• Keenly review technical plans and reports, Operations and Maintenance arrangements
• Establish and maintain water resources database and developments in the District
• Technical Supervision of consultants and contractors as well as staff under his or her supervision.
• Spot check validity of technical issues in consultants’ reports
• Take part in the preparations of monthly/quarterly /annual technical work plans, reports and accountabilities.
• In charge of planning and budgeting for water supply facilities.
• Initiate and participate in procurement of service providers for water and sanitation services.
• In charge of monitoring and quality assurance of works.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants must hold Bachelor of Science Degrees in Civil Engineering/Water Engineering from recognized Universities / institutions.
• Possession of an added qualification in Water related field, and registration with Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers (UIPE) and Engineers Registration Boards (ERB) is an added advantage.
• A minimum of two (2) years working experience.
• High degree of ethics and integrity.
• Innovative and proactive, enjoys making things happen, does not wait for them to happen.
• Excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and with teams to achieve district objectives.
• Willingness to work in any part of Uganda.
• Computer knowledge, with knowledge of design is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications accompanied with updated CVs detailing work experience, present position, current remuneration, professional and educational qualifications. The applicants must also include contact details (telephone and email) of three (3) referees. The applications should be physically delivered to the address below;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Water and Environment,
Old PortBell Road,
Luzira. Kampala. Uganda
Attn: Head, Human Resource Management.
Deadline: Friday, 23rd October, 2015 by 5.00 pm