Senior Investment Officer, Appraisal
Duty station:Rwanda, Uganda
Reporting to: Respective Head of Country Business
The Senior Investment Officer will be responsible for carrying out detailed analysis of all project proposals, prepare appraisal reports ensuring adherence to governance requirements and other standards set by the Bank and assess risk factors to ensure projects meet institutional standards prior to submission to the Project Committee.
Senior Investment Officer Job Responsibilities
- Carryout detailed analysis of all project proposals, interrogate all appraisal reports, examine adherence to governance requirements and other standards set by the Bank and assess risk factors to ensure projects meet institutional standards prior to submission to Credit Committee.
- Gather and analyze financial statements, industry and regulatory and economic information to determine viability of proposed investment projects.
- Prepare reports for the Project Commitee (PROCO) summarizing data, describing current and long term investment risks, economic influences pertinent to proposed investments and suitability of investment in view of the Bank’s standard.
- Keep abreast with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the East African economies.
- Develop and maintain contacts to gain market information, research and analyze financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions, for use in making investment decisions.
- Develop comparative credit analysis of credit profiles of key players in the Bank’s main client sectors.
- Interpret data concerning price, yield, stability, and future trends of investments and disseminate the information to investment officers and management.
- Support the legal team in preparing investment covenants that will protect the Bank’s interests at all times and ensure that the clients meet all their obligations before handing over the projects to the project supervision team for disbursement.
- Carryout any other responsibilities assigned by Management.
Qualifications for the Senior Investment Officer
- A finance related, engineering or other numerate degree from a recognized university;
- Professional accounting or finance qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CFA;
- Relevant Post graduate degree such as an MBA or Masters in Finance;
- Minimum of 7 years’ similar or relevant experience in a large commercial or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing; of which 3 should be at senior management level in credit management;
- Hands-on/ practical experience in originating, appraising and implementing projects in a number of sectors;
- Ability to structure, evaluate and close complex financial transactions using up to date methods;
- Proven track record of successful investment, appraisal, analysis;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships;
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using Financial models;
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team;
- Experience of working with a large financial institution or multilateral organization is required;
- High level of integrity with a clean record of service;
- Ability to work independently and show professional judgment in carrying out assigned tasks; and
- International exposure will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, flexible, mature and articulate in speech and presentation;
- Excellent analytical skills, problem identification and solving skills, attention to detail;
- Highly innovative;
- Business acumen;
- Tact , Diplomacy and Good networking skills;
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence high level decision makers.
- Customer service orientation
- Results-orientation and dedicated to growing the Bank’s business in East Africa
- Fluent in English and d working knowledge of Kiswahili.
How to Apply
If you are a national of an EADB member state and your career aspirations and skills match these challenging and exciting roles, please visit www.adeptsystems.co.ke to submit your application online. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements, indicating your current and expected remuneration. Applications must be received by close of business 14th December 2016 OR Adept Systems MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100 Adept Systems does not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.