Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture.
Main Purpose of Job
Technology Licensing: To provide leadership and deliver the P & L of the newly formed Seeds & Technology Licensing Operations function in Africa Region – Traits Licensing Operations for Cotton and Corn and Germplasm Licensing for Corn, Cotton and Vegetables – To contribute to the overall Strategic Business Management and the FTO Strategy of the region
General Work Related Duties
To contribute to the overall strategic business management of the organization.
- Trait Licensing Strategy Development
Develop the trait licensing strategy for Monsanto Africa which is aligned to the organization’s Long Range Plans. Understanding the external environment, its implications on business and accordingly managing the team and set directions so as to translate strategy into deliverables
- Cotton Traits Business Management
Manage the internal Organization (Business Development, Technology Development, Trait Quality Compliance, Key Account Management) & Sub-licensee companies to defend existing market leadership of trait penetration and also help expand current technology footprint by successfully launch future technologies such as BGII RRF in Africa
- Corn Traits Launch & Licensing Strategy
Create a corn traits launch strategy and work with the Regional & Global Crop teams, Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Affairs team to ensure successful approval of Corn Traits in Africa. Implement an operational Corn Traits Licensing strategy for the Africa Region post approval
- Germplasm Licensing Strategy
Evaluate and develop a Germplasm licensing strategy for the Corn, Cotton, Vegetables & Crop protection segments of Monsanto. Manage the current projects with State Governments across Africa and work towards creating new models of engaging with the Government
- To work with Regulatory & Corporate Affairs team to develop the FTO strategy and actively support the implementation of the same
- Leading the team to achieve the desired goals
- Develop a strong pipeline of leaders to take up roles of responsibilities / leadership roles in the Africa Region or globally
- Create learning opportunities for the team through coaching & action learning projects.
- Engaging, motivating and developing the Business Operations and Licensing Team to ensure that they deliver at their optimum performance levels.
Environment, Health and Safety
- Drive safety culture in & beyond workplace, with special emphasis on Vehicle Safety. Aim to reduce reportable accidents below last year levels & maintain fatalities at nil.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities
Projects-Actively participate and contribute to Regional / Global Business projects as and when applicable
Desired Qualifications, Work Experience and Skills
- MBA from a recognized institution
- 10-15 years in reputed Multinational / Large African organizations
- A minimum of 4-5 years in a leadership role in an organization
- Prior experience in a related role
- Those currently working in the agricultural sector have an added advantage
- Exposure to Rural Markets an added advantage
- Strategic Thinking Ability & strong business acumen skills
- Advanced Relationship & Networking Skills
- Ability to manage & Influence a diverse set of stakeholders to deliver desired results
- Ability to link strategic and operational considerations to develop practical and tailored plans
- Exposure to multiple business models and environments
- Ability to manage and lead large cross functional teams in complex matrix environments
- Exposure to managing Global Teams and cultural sensitivity
Sound like a job for you? Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
- Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
How to Apply