Constituency Monitor Job of the Office of the Registrar of Political Parties
Office of the Registrar of Political Parties (ORPP) was established by the Political Parties Act, 2011 as a state office within the meaning of Article 260 of the Constitution. Function of the ORPP is to register, regulate, monitor, investigate and supervise political parties to ensure compliance with the Act, and administer the Political Parties Fund.
ORPP invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyans to fill the 290 positions of Constituency Monitors. Please Note that: ORPP is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, People from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Responsibilities for the Constituency Monitor Job
- Monitor compliance of political parties to the Constitution, the Code of Conduct for Political Parties, and the Political Parties Act.
- Monitor any engagement in illegal activities including violence during campaigns/election.
- Monitor non-compliance of political parties within the prescribed constituencies.
- Report findings during campaigns, and elections including elections outcome/petitions, to the County Monitors.
Qualifications for the Constituency Monitor Job
- A Bachelors’ degree in social science from a recognized university or Diploma from a recognized learning institution with experience in community work;
- Be Kenyan citizen;
- Have analytical skill;
- Be competent in report writing;
- Be willing to work anywhere within Kenya;
- Duration of engagement and Remuneration
The office seeks to engage temporary staff on casual terms, with effect from 5th June, 2017. The successful
candidates will be paid Ksh.1, 000 per day for a period of 26 days.
How to Apply
Qualified candidate should submit:
Application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (with names of three (3) referees and their mobile and e-mail contacts); a copy of National Identity Card and copies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
A filled up ORPP Employment Form. Applications can be sent through post office, or hand delivered addressed to: The Registrar of Political Parties Lion Place, 1st Floor Karuna Close, Off Waiyaki Way, Westlands P.O. BOX 1131 – 00606 Nairobi Website: www.orpp.or.ke Twitter: @ORPPKenya Facebook: facebook.com/ORPPKenya
To reach us on or before 30th May, 2017, (latest by 5.00pm). Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.