Job Title: Branch Manager (2 Career Opportunities)
Organisation: Tropical Bank Limited
Duty Station: Mbarara and Kakira, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Operations
Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital. The Bank provides professional and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will be in charge of the implementation of strategic plans and oversight of branch operations in order to achieve the branch targets in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will manage and direct a focused sales team in the branch to be able to meet set work plans and branch objectives including customer numbers, new account opening, etc
• Oversee and guide the recovery and monitoring team to focus on recovery to achieve or exceed the set NPA levels
• The incumbent will be staked with inculcating a cost awareness culture in the team by setting cost management standards and guidelines and following up to ensure that there is no wastage
• Grow the loan portfolio by selling all the bank products as per the set targets and by ensuring that loan applications are processed efficaciously, speedily and in line with set credit guidelines
• Ensure the continuous availability of quality staff at the branch through effective succession planning, cross training, and leave planning
• Manage and enforce a team of focused staff who deliver the customer service set standards. Continually assess employee skills, identify gaps and arrange training where needed, in consultation with the HR department.
• The incumbent will set targets for staff, review performance against them regularly and take action to remedy under of target performance
• Regularly review regularly mandates of accounts opened in the branch
• Ensure compliance with KYC
• Oversee the overall operations of the bank and ensure that all branch activities comply with the laid down processes and procedures, operating risks are minimized and best practice standards achieved
• Roll out and enforce customer service standards within the Bank, monitor customer satisfaction and ensure prompt resolution of complaints.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidates for the Branch Manager vacancies should hold a good university degree.
• The applicant should have five years’ banking experience.
• Working knowledge of bank’s laid down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control
• Detailed knowledge of bank products and services.
• Working knowledge of socio-political and economic dynamics affecting the local market.
• Working knowledge of the code of Banking practice
• Detailed knowledge of risk management and credit principles
• Knowledge of Branch accounting and transactional procedures, systems and processes.
• Past experience in managing a diverse range of people and activities.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
• People management skills, including team building, motivation and team goal planning
How to Apply:
If your qualifications and experience match those described above please send a detailed application together with your CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts and a cover letter of not more than 2 pages explaining why you consider yourself to be the best suited candidate.
Head- Human Resource & Admin,
Tropical Bank Limited,
Plot 54 Lugogo Bypass (Rotary Avenue)
P.O. Box 9485, Kampala
Deadline: 14th August, 2015 by 4PM