Job Title: Branch Administrators (3 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: The Bible Society of Uganda
Duty Station: Fortportal, Mbarara and Soroti, Uganda
The Bible Society of Uganda is a Christian organization whose main objective is to provide affordable Holy Scriptures in languages and media that communicate effectively to the people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will draw an annual work plan of the branch ensuring Bible Society Uganda’s regional strategic plan objectives are met.
• Build and strengthen working relationships with all the churches and corporate organizations in the region.
• Work closely with the sales personnel to ensure a 50% increment or more in Scripture sales annually.
• Source for the Church’s Scriptural needs and ensure that they are met in the whole region.
• Ensure membership increment through recruitment and retention.
• Creatively organize special fundraisings to raise resources for the branch.
• Prepare and submit monthly branch reports to the secretariat and quarterly reports to the branch executive.
• Work closely with the projects coordinators to implement BSU project activities in the region.
• Ensure proper record keeping of the branch in all aspects.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Branch Administrator should preferably hold a University Graduate preferably biased to Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, and Business Administration.
• A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in the area of community / Church relations and fundraising.
• Ability to relate and work closely with varied Bible Society clients from different Christian denominations.
• Should be a Ugandan and a Christian, preferably from the branch area of operation and jurisdiction.
• Familiarity with the mainly spoken community languages in the respective region.
• Other preferred aspects are: public relations, research, and marketing / resource Mobilization.
• Demonstrate team leadership, proficiency in service delivery, customer care and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer case, ethics and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical ability, supervisory and leadership capacity
• High level of integrity and ethics.
• Working knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory.
• Working knowledge of basic computer application like MS- Office packages. ERP Systems knowledge is an added advantage.
• Age: Below 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant experience send their applications (Include branch preference) together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, three professional references, a recommendation letter from their Church leader and copies of academic documents to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Bible Society of Uganda Plot 38, Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 3621, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday, 20th August 2015 by 5:00 PM