Job Title: Field Assistants (Classroom Level Support) – 36 r Jobs
Organization: RTI International
Project Name: USAID Literacy Achievement and Retention Activity Program (LARA)
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID LARA Program:
The Literacy Achievement and Retention Activity is a five-year USAID activity that supports the Ministry of Education Science Technology and Sports (MoESTS), Government of Uganda’s aim of improving early grade reading outcomes and enhancing safe school environments for children in primary grades utilizing EGR curriculum and methodologies. LARA is expanding the curriculum and methodologies developed and rolled out in SHRP districts to an additional 28 districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Field Assistants (Classroom Level Support) will support RTI International’s USAID LARA Project in achieving the following;
1. Planning and Budgeting:
• Actively participate in the planning meetings for program activities
• Work in liaison with the supervisors to develop monthly work plans, these must be school and date specific and shared with the DEO and his/her team.
• Prepare and submit monthly financial reports with clear and acceptable/allowable accountability documents.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Collect and organize Cluster 1 school enrollment data (P1-P7) as well as teacher enrollment data by grade and ensure that these data are properly entered in the spreadsheets provided.
• Take part in school level monitoring activities and this includes conducting interviews with teachers, head teachers, CCTs and inspectors.
3. Support Supervision:
• Work in liaison with the Regional Coordinators to plan and implement school support supervision visits.
• In charge of organizing and participating in debriefing meetings with project team and partners
• In charge of participating in support supervision visits to schools.
• Compile support supervision data as requested Training:
• Support technical team in organizing and implementing training activities. This includes:
o Printing, organizing and packing training materials.
o At training venues, responsible for registering participants and maintaining paper and electronic records.
4. Instructional Materials Distribution:
• Render support in the distribution of materials to schools and this includes verifying the numbers of materials distributed at school level and taking record of the deliveries.
• Coordinate field based activities:
• Routinely communicate with schools/districts about upcoming data collection and other activities.
• Work in liaison with the technical team to ensure effective coordination of all program activities at the district, CPTC, CC and school level.
• Report any matters that need the attention of program management and technical teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the USAID LARA Field Assistant Jobs should have a teaching background with a minimum qualification of Grade 111 teaching certificate
• Computer literacy skills with proficiency in electronic data collection and entry
• All positions require fluency in English and local languages of the areas of operation. (Check bottom of advert to see duty stations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs including three work related referees and cover letters to the Human Resource Manager by e-mail to [email protected] Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 4th September, 2015
Duty Station: Mbarara (5 Jobs), Rakai (5 Jobs), Kiboga (2 Jobs), Mukono (4 Jobs), Mpigi (2 Jobs), Sheema (3 Jobs), Nakaseke (2 Jobs), Buvuma (1 Job), Butambala (1 Job), Mitooma (2 Jobs), Hoima (3 Jobs), Kayunga (3 Jobs), and Lwengo (3 Jobs), Uganda