Job Title: Branch Manager (37 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala East, Adjumani, Apac, Bubulo, Busia, Entebbe, Iganga, Kabale, Kabarole, Kampala Central, Kampala North, Kampala South, Kampala West, Kamuli, Kapchorwa, Kasese, Katakwi, Kibale, Kitgum, Kumi, Lira, Masaka, Masindi, Mityana, Moroto, Moyo, Mpigi, Mukono, Nakasongola, Ntungamo, Pader, Pallisa, Rakai, Rukungiri, Sironko & Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator Organisation Development and Volunteer Management
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will be responsible to lead the implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2 and the URCS core activities of Dissemination of Red Cross Principles and Values, First Aid, Disaster Preparedness and Response, Blood Donor Recruitment, Membership Recruitment, Local Resource Mobilization and Volunteer Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2: Strengthen Branch Membership Management;
- Disseminate and implement all the URCS approved policies;
- Adhere and lead the implementation of the URCS approved systems and structures at the Branch level;
- Plan for, Coordinate and lead the implementation of membership recruitment campaigns;
- Lead the Branch resource mobilization, and design plans for sustainability of the Branch;
- Identify, engage, develop and maintain Branch and institutional partnerships relevant to the growth of URCS;
- Implement a robust volunteer management framework at the Branch in order to attract and retain value-adding volunteers to the Society;
- Offer timely technical and operational guidance to the Branch governance in harmony with URCS constitution and other policies;
- Identify and address capacity building requirements for staff, governance and volunteers at the Branch;
- Keenly monitor and evaluate the branch performance and compliance with the URCS constitution as well as other policies;
- Strategically identify, evaluate and seek opportunities to collaborate with the URCS Departments, programs, services and activities that engage URCS youth in promoting membership recruitment, dissemination, international youth programs and quality program implementation;
- Ensure proper usage and safe custody of Branch assets and compliance with the NS approved policies;
- Prepare and submit timely and quality accountabilities and reports in accordance with URCS standards and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Branch Manager career placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Law or a related field from a reputable institute;
- Post-Graduate qualification in Project Planning & Management, Public; Administration, HR Management or a related field will be an added advantage;
- Training in Youth and Volunteer Management programs
- A minimum of three years’ experience in managing organizational Branch structures preferably with membership based organizations;
- Previous work experience with large international or national humanitarian agency level preferably with governance structures;
- Previous exposure and experience in Youth and Volunteer Management;
- Experience in Marketing and Resource Mobilization.
- Experience in managing volunteers and membership based organizations will be of added advantage
- High level of integrity
- Good knowledge of Grassroots Program Design, Management and Implementation.
- Working knowledge of planning and budgeting.
- Working knowledge of policy implementation.
- Demonstrated creativity and productivity in resource mobilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including well developed proposal and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: [email protected] or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 11th August 2017 by 5:00pm