Job Title: Debt Recovery Officers (4 Job Placements)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Debt Recovery Officers will be responsible for championing branch debt recovery activities in liaison with all the external debt recovery agents and H/O debt recovery unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prompt follow up and recoveries of assigned non performing loans.
- Ensure all demand letters for delinquent loans in his/her portfolio are issued and served promptly in accordance with credit policies and procedures.
- Ensure all recovery activities and follow up are properly documented and filed in customers’ credit files.
- Work closely with Head office Debt recovery unit and Legal department to ensure quick disposal of securities pledged for non-performing loans.
- Liaise with Head office Debt recovery unit and Legal department to ensure alternative recovery measures are employed for unsecured loans and loans secured by inferior securities.
- Responsible for prompt follow up with assigned court bailiffs, auctioneers and other debt recovery agents and advise management on all allocated loans.
- Maintain a proper diary in Excel Spreadsheet format, for all the scheduled debt recovery activities e.g. demand notice expiry, advertisement notice expiry, auction date, e.t.c to be shared with branch management on weekly basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by credit manager or branch manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Debt Recovery Officer jobs should hold University degrees in business-related fields
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage
- At least two to three years’ experience in banking operations, with exposure to credit or lending and debt collection functions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maturity, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Patience and understanding
- To be persuasive, persistent and firm
- Age: Between 25 to 33 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: [email protected] (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 19th January, 2017