Driver Job at Windle Trust Kenya
Location: 2 in Kakuma and 2 in Dadaab
Contract term: Full-time, 1-year contract with possibility for extension
Duties for the Driver Job
- Drive Windle Trust staff to and from project implementation sites in a safe, courteous and timely manner as authorized
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicle’s performance and ensure the vehicle is in a good mechanical condition.
- Maintain daily work driver logs and complete inspection logs of the vehicle assigned
- Ensure security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
Driver Job Qualifications
- Kenya Certificate in Secondary Education (KCSE) or equivalent
- A valid Class BCE driving license free from any current negative endorsements with at least 3 years
- A current Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the Kenya Police
- A First Aid certificate from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Be conversant with the provisions of the Traffic Act
- Training and experience in Motor Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for any of these positions, please send your resumé with a covering letter quoting reference number for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org OR Human Resource Department, Windle Trust Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi.
Letters of application should include detailed CV, daytime telephone contact and current remuneration. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline for applications is Monday, May 15th, 2017.
No telephone calls, please. Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Windle Trust Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. We work in schools and are committed to safeguarding children from abuse.