4G Capital (4th Generation Capital) is a fintech providing ethical credit services to those who require it most.
We provide rapidly accessible and affordable unsecured loans with strict affordability criteria to prevent unmanageable debt.
Our customers are mainly small businesses and entrepreneurs who use our credit to grow their businesses and provide for the unforeseen.
Our customers are our partners.
We operate in their markets through 6-man micro branches to provide tailored relationship-based services.
Our vision is to become the number one retail finance firm in Africa by offering the best services in terms of accessibility, affordability, value and customer experience.
We seek to recruit Branch Interns to serve in our branches.
- Work in pairs with Loans Officers and Collections Officers
- Support and maintain an excellent work environment to achieve demanding targets
- Deliver first rate customer service
- Build excellent relationships with customer-partners and opinion leaders in catchment area
- Assist in accurate and timely reporting of Management Information and market feedback to report on customer preferences, trends and market opportunities
- Assist in contacting debtors to receive payment
- Assist in following up on defaulters to recover payments
- Carry out customer education and maintain relationships
- Assist in maintaining exhaustive and accurate Debt Management Forms
- Assist in renegotiating payment schedules or obtaining funds from relatives via responsible relative or other means
- Assist in spoof calling
- Forward defaulter files to HQ collectors on appropriate date
- Assist in Issuing demand letters to defaulting customers
- A good level of general education- Diploma or degree
- Computer literacy
- Education background in sales/Marketing
- Experience in a related field will be an added advantage
- Experience in a financial institution and dealing with customers at the bottom of the pyramid will also be an added advantage
- Sales and Business Development
- Enforcement of contract and repayment obligations
- General support to all tasks
- Small Branch Operations
- Information Collection
- Integrity and ability to work in consumer finance
- High Motivation
- Self starter-functional problem solver
- Process discipline- Ability to follow SOPs
Job title: Collections Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: 8:30 – 17:30, Monday- Friday and beyond when required
Location: Nairobi, with occasional local travel required
Purpose of the position: This role’s purpose is to lead and motivate the collections team in order to achieve collections targets, support the Chief Operations Officer in running the day to day operations of the business unit.
Working closely with branch and support staff in monitoring data integrity on the systems, managing information flow between the different business functions and recommending improvements to credit and general business processes.
This role is also responsible for administering the collections process, and assisting in the smooth, efficient and effective running of the lending process.
Responsibilities & duties
- Leading and motivating the collections team in order to achieve collections target
- Overseeing the effective collection of company debt, daily and monthly reporting of Key Performance Indicators for the department
- Managing relationships with the branches in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt
- Call Center Management functions including call monitoring and quality assessment
- Implementation and maintenance of a set of comprehensive Credit Risk Policies and Procedures
- Mapping out Collection Agents’ tasks and taking care of the team as well as managing KPIs
- Subject Matter Expertise during recruitment and Training of collection agents
- Introduce and evolve effective operations and reporting assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas
- Preparation of daily/weekly cash forecasts of customer collections.
- Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and Finance team on write off accounts
- Be responsible for the smooth running of the disbursement process through monitoring, examining and confirming disbursements on our mobile money platforms
- Monitor disbursement capital levels on these platforms and report accordingly
- Monitor the repayment rates across the entire branch network
- Monitor the progress of all defaulters and take timely steps to contain the situation as per the credit policy and SOPs governing this process
- Liaise with collection agencies and the branches in the collection and mitigation NPLs
- Play a significant role in monitoring the integrity and completeness of data captured by the branch staff
- Flag any discrepancies and seek swift clarity of these variance
Academic & trade qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, finance, or a related subject
- Msc. will be an added advantage
Work experience & skills
- 5 to 7 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in call centre management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in a microfinance institution
- Experience in mobile money
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Mature self-starter who takes initiative
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements and competencies, kindly send your cv and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position applied for to [email protected] Kindly headline your Application Collections Manager. Applications deadline is Friday 15th April 2016