Job Title: Driver (5 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Improving Access and Use of Agricultural Equipment and Mechanization through the Use of Labor Saving Technologies Project
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Engineering Assistant
The Government of Uganda (GoU) through the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) is implementing the Improving Access and Use of Agricultural Equipment and Mechanization through the Use of Labor Saving Technologies Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of driving the vehicle during the scheduled time;
• Responsible for keeping vehicles in good condition before driving it;
• Ensuring proper maintenance schedules are carried out before driving
• Ensuring the vehicle is parked in the appropriate and secure place during and after work;
• Keeping and maintaining a vehicle log book;
• Ensuring the tidiness of vehicles;
• Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Engineering Assistant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Drivers should at least hold an Ordinary Level Certificate of Education
• Possession of a valid driving permit of classes B and CM.
• At least five years clean and accident free driving experience in a reputable organization.
• Ability to work in a team;
• Ability to work and stay under field/ rural condition;
• Good defensive driving will be added advantage;
• Relevant information regarding legislation on machine operation, usage, environmental conditions and Codes of Practice.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send the Public Service Commission PSC Job Application Forms, download here and submit them in triplicate to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Open Registry, Uganda
Deadline: 2nd October, 2015.