Job Title: Nurses (6 Jobs) – Enrolled Nurses (4) and Registered Nurses (2)
Organisation: Benedictine Eye Hospital (BEH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
Benedictine Eye Hospital (BEH) is a Specialised Private Not-For-Profit Hospital of the Benedictine Fathers of Uganda offering high quality Eye Care Services and Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing care to all patients of BEH.
- Ensure that the ward/ health unit activities are organized and well managed.
- Carrying out Pre and Post-operative nursing care.
- Carry out TRIAGE to emergency cases before patients see Doctor/Clinician.
- Prepare and assist Doctors/Clinicians during ward rounds.
- Work in liaison with other nurses (Sharing experiences and knowledge)
- Handle the three shifts day, evening and night duties on rotational basis.
- Give health education on prevention of blindness and perform mobile eye clinics in villages.
- Examine and treat common eye diseases.
- In charge of dispensing reading glasses and diagnosis refractive errors and refer them to a refractions.
- Participate in research.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Nurse jobs should hold at least three years of practical work experience after school.
- Good report writing and proper handover skills.
- Must be registered by the Nursing council and has current practicing licence.
- The Nurse should be a caring, responsible nature and the ability to provide the highest quality of care and customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work quickly and proficiently, be organized and thorough and follow instructions.
- Registered nurses should in addition to the above, be competent in administrative and supervisory skills.
- Adherence to professional code of conduct and ethics
- Computer literacy and counseling skills will be an added advantage.
- Age: 24-35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send hard copies of their application letters, CVs with three professional referees, academic credentials and salary expectations addressed to the:
Human Resource Manager,
Benedictine Eye Hospital Tororo,
P.O. Box 923 Tororo. Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 25th March, 2016