Job Title: Research Assistants (60 Data Collection Jobs)
Reports to: Field Team Supervisors
Duty Station: Masaka, Mpigi, Hoima, Bududa, Amuria, Lamwo, Mitooma, Isingiro and Ibanda, Uganda
Ricton is a non-profit organization which started in 2013 and focuses on advocacy for youth awareness to promote self sustainance in society. Our slogan is ‘Inspire A Youth Today.’
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct household data collection activities
• Properly sample households and enroll study participants as per study protocol
• The incumbent will administer informed consent, conduct and complete interviews in accordance with the study protocol, and answer questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
• Support the team leaders/supervisors with daily updates including households visited, interviews completed, and any other important information about assigned households.
• Responsible for data collection and data management processes including validation to ensure quality data collection quality of data elements/data editing.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the data collection team leaders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the Research Assistant jobs should preferably hold Bachelor’s degrees in Humanities, public health, statistics and any other related discipline
• Prior experience in conducting household surveys
• Proficiency (both spoken and written) in English and at least one of the following languages (Ateso (basic Karamojong), Luo, Swahili, Runyoro/Runyakitara, Lumasaba)
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to spend an extended period of time in rural areas and away from home
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with a typed cover letter indicating the preferred district to work in during this survey; current CV with two referees and their contacts; and copies of academic certificates addressed to: The Executive Director RICTON-Uganda to [email protected]
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and field data collection is expected to commence in October.
Deadline: 30th September, 2015