Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9173
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Research Assistants will support a research carried out by the STAR E project in eastern Uganda particularly through the following;
- Data collection: This will be according to the data collection questionnaire
- Data entry: This will include data entry, data verification and data cleaning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Research Assistant jobs must hold Bachelor’s level degree(s) or equivalent in relevant field, such as public health, Statistics, demography, education, Social Sciences or development studies.
- Prior experience in conducting reviews and operational research;
- Extensive knowledge of the Ugandan health systems;
- Demonstrated experience in applying both quantitative and qualitative research methods with proven ability to organize research, data entry, data analysis and produce good quality reports;
- Strong computer skills especially in statistical data-analysis;
- Excellent skills in data entry using any statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, SAS, EPI-INFO and proficient in the use of office applications such as; Ms. Word, access, and excel among others.
- Previous work with MSH or in similar position will be of an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.