Job Title: Officer –TREP (73 Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Tax Payer Registration and Expansion Program (TREP) is a collaborative initiative between URA, Local Governments, KCCA and the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) aimed at identifying, sensitizing, educating, registering and supporting potential Taxpayers with the aim of growing a tax paying culture among Uganda’s citizens. TREP is a country wide program rolled out to the 34 urban municipal councils and as such all applicants must be flexible and ready to be deployed up country.
Job Summary: The Officer –TREP will implement the Taxpayer register expansion programme by working closely with our partners (MOLG, KCCA, URSB and the selected Local Governments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the 73 URA Officer –TREP jobs must at least hold an honours degree in any discipline.
- The applicant must have attained a minimum of credit in Maths and English at O’ level
- One year of experience in carrying out field work while interfacing with members of the public
- Knowledge of Domestic tax laws
- Highly Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and conceptual skills
- Customer Focus and sensitivity to high quality services
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams from diverse Business areas
- Exceptional Integrity and with potential to Lead
- Excellent Interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, innovative and works with minimum supervision
- Able to keep abreast with all emerging business trends and demands
- Age: Below 26 years old
NB: This position is available on short – term basis.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1 MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 13th August 2016 at 11:59pm