The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Office Manager 8 / County Coordinator to support the PMI AIRS Project with International Health in Kenya. The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under supervision of the Operations Manager, the County Coordinator will focus on programmatic and management oversight for all aspects of the project’s spray operations in their assigned county(ies), including spray campaign planning, technical assistance and training, logistical and operational support and supervision, and activity tracking and reporting. S/he will coordinate closely with provincial government counterparts, and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage robust IRS campaign planning efforts in assigned geographical area, including quantification of insecticides and equipment needs; identification and recruitment of spray teams; logistical planning for IRS distribution and transportation; insecticide and equipment storage, security, and environmental safety; and coordination with county level Ministry of Health counterparts.
- Work in collaboration with the Malaria Control Coordinator and IRS steering committee at the County Health Office to manage the planning and coordination of IRS activities.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and supervision of spray teams and IRS spray operators.
- Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of materials, work with the logistics and procurement team to support procurement of IRS materials.
- Supervise IRS implementation, and contribute to the trainings conducted in the assigned geographical area.
- Ensure that routine program tracking and reporting are in place and delivered on time.
- Supervise and monitor field data collection with project M&E team.
- Manage the BCC/IEC campaign and data collection process.
- Ensure that all risk prevention and environmental compliance measures are fully implemented and work closely with the project environmental compliance staff and county officers to address relevant issues.
- Facilitate communication between the sub-counties in the assigned geographic area and the PMI AIRS Project office in Kisumu.
- Represents the program at meetings with the community leaders and local steering committees.
- Supervise all logistical operations (warehouse, transport, etc.).
- Prepare weekly and other activity reports as directed by the project Operations Manager.
- The position requires frequent travel to field sites to support and oversee county and community level operations and activities.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field, such as Public Health, Community Health, Entomology, , Environmental Health or any other social science.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional work experience, with significant amounts of experience directly in Vector Control and IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with USAID funded programs and other international development experience.
- English language fluency.
(2+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here