Job Title: Secretary/Administrative Secretary (8 Jobs)
Organisation: Public Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 147/286/01 Vol.13 
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U4
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of ensuring safe custody of Government property.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of Government premises.
- Taking minutes during staff meetings and ensuring their distribution.
- Undertaking coverage of Parliamentary business.
- Render support in handling issues related to staff welfare.
- Making preparations for Ministry functions.
- Compiling data for Public Speeches.
- Assisting in the management of Government Vehicles.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Secretary/Administrative Secretary Jobs) should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics or Law or Development Studies or Public Administration or Social Sciences or Arts or Social Work and Social Administration or Humanities from a recognized University or Institution.
- Age: Above 21 years
- High Degree of Ethics and Integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and computer Skills
- Proven ability to adapt to multi-cultural setting
- High degree of innovation concern for quality, standards technical
- Proven ability to coach subordinates and report writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Good negotiation skills
- Good team building, innovation and concern for quality and standards.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 1/2016” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews and their names will be shown on the PSC website and on the PSC noticeboard.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
NB: Serving officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for this entry level position.
Deadline: 15th April, 2016