Work Location: Burundi – Bujumbura
Other Possible Locations:
Expected Travel: up to 40%
Language Requirement: French, English
Employee Duration: Short Term Contract
Type of Post: Accompanied – Family
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all
backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
CARE is seeking a talented Program Director who will oversee the following key programmatic functions: i) program design and development, and (ii) program quality (monitoring, evaluation, learning and impact measurement). This position contributes significantly to the Country Office’s (CO’s) commitment to long-term, quality programming by identifying and mobilizing resources, maintaining donor relations and leading the design of new programs, in addition to contributing to strategic planning, and advancing impact measurement. The person in this position will be expected to lead technical improvements in program design and development to ensure quality and adherence to program standards. S/he will manage a team of professionals focused on the design, funding, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects (including emergency programs) that effectively address the underlying causes of poverty in line with CARE’s Programming Principles.
• Effectively supervise and manage a strong, effective and coordinated Program Quality and Learning team.
• Develop and maintain exceptional program quality
• Create and maintain a culture of reflective practice, learning and knowledge management
• Contribute to facilitating the CO’s transition to vision 2020
• Contribute to the development and implementation of viable CO program strategies
• Develop and enhance relationships between the CO and other parts of CARE and external organizations so that CARE can maximize its impact on poverty and social justice
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 5 years in senior management position in development field
• Fluency in English and French
• Program management
• People/Relationship management
• Financial management
Click here to apply