The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant 7 / Warehouse Manager, PMI AIRS Project to support the International Health Division in Kenya.
The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the program and Logistics Coordinator the Administrative Assistant 8 / Warehouse Manager will serve as the lead person in warehousing and the supply chain activities at the provincial and county levels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead AIRS Kenya project activities in warehousing at the county and sub-county levels.
- Provide strategic guidance to the county coordinator and program and Logistics coordinator on warehousing and supply chain issues.
- Strengthens local project capacity other government partners in warehousing and distribution.
- Ensure that all of the AIRS warehousing best practices and tools are being used for management of IRS commodities, and that all procedures are done in accordance with the IRS Best Management Practices.
- Promote use of PMI AIRS’ computerized warehouse management system, recommend improvements and strategically lead further implementation at all county warehouses.
- Promote the use of data to inform and guide decision making by continually identifying gaps and developing corrective actions as needed.
- Develop and Implement a plan to transfer key warehousing functions to the MOH/county government
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and the processing of customs clearance, tax reimbursement.
- Management of the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Directs and supervises the storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodity goods and equipment throughout the target county and sub-counties.
- Ensuring accountability for all IRS inventory at all operational sites.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a relevant field e.g. procurement and logistics, supply chain management.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in quantifications and supply planning and/or supply chain management systems.
- Skilled in the design and use of MIS systems for warehouse operations.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- English proficiency required.
(3+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here