The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance Assistant 7 / Accountant, PMI AIRS Project to support the International Health Division in Kenya.
The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Admin Manager, the Finance Assistant 7 / Accountant records project financial transactions, posts to appropriate projects and tasks, prepares periodic financial statements and reports, and keeps the records of the accounts books up to date.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Liaise with the Finance & Contracts Director and the Finance & Contract Analyst at the Africa IRS Headquarters Office on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Ensures compliance, preparation and filling of various statutory documents including preparation of DA1 VAT forms for the project.
- Assists the AIRS Kenya Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- CPA level 2 (minimum) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language capability.
(3+) years of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here