Abt Associates seeks a qualified Office Assistant 2 / Front-Desk Administrative Assistant, PMI AIRS Project to support the International Health Division in Kenya.
The USAID-funded Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2 (AIRS 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodity procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the AIRS Kenya F&A Manager, the Office Assistant 2 / Front Desk-Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative and logistical support to the PMI AIRS Project Office in Kenya.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Greet and escort guests.
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Prepare and send pouches to County Office(s) as needed.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or other relevant field.
- Prior experience in office administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Fluency in English.
( 0 ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here