The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to a recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Manager Treatment & Rehabilitation
Ref No: NAC/MTR/02/15
Job Grade: NAC 9
Reporting to: Director Research and Policy Development
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate treatment and Rehabilitation of persons with substance use disorders (SUDs) by the County Government
- Undertake regular inspections of Treatment and Rehabilitation centers in the Country
- Formulate and disseminate a National Policy for Treatment & Rehabilitation
- Liaise with key stakeholders in both Public and Private sectors on treatment of persons with Substance Used Disorders (SUDs)
- Coordinate provision of psycho-social support to persons with SUDs as well as their families
- Support mainstreaming of National policies on treatment and Rehabilitation of drug related offenders in other institutions
- Undertake research on applicable treatment models in the country
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Medicine, Psychiatry or Nursing from recognized University.
- Seven (7) years of experience in managing and planning of treatment and rehabilitation services with at least three years at management level
- Excellent interpersonal skills, participatory management style and good communications skills
- Excellent capability for judgement ,management and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Friday August 21 , 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need someone to talk to on alcohol & drugs? Call our helpline number 1192, free of charge