Patients pay small fees, making each micro-clinic a self-sustaining operation.
The position: Access Afya is hiring a full time Clinical Officer in Nairobi Kenya. The Clinical Officer will provide care to patients at both Access Afya clinics, and work with the clinical team to maintain high clinical standards and smooth running of the facilities.
- Provide professional advice and medical treatment for primary health care, general practice, and emergency situations as dictated by prevailing protocols and scope of practice.
- Follow Access Afya and client protocols, procedures and practices.
- Maintain clinic in accordance with Access Afya and prevailing standards.
- Participate in community outreach programs
- Keep clear and accurate documentation using electronic and paper records.
- Participate in decision-making and apply management principles in day-to-day activities.
- Provide regular feedback to entire Access Afya team on treatment, trends, challenges and ideas for improvement in service delivery.
- Current registration and license to practice with the Clinical Officer’s Council.
- Innovative, dynamic, energetic, and self-motivated
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a quality care delivery setting
- Passion working with underserved communities.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent work ethic, proactive, punctual, reliable and flexibility to work long hours when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy. Familiarity with computer based health information system and interest in heath technologies preferred.
- Willingness to work in isolated and challenging environment.
- Ability to perform a range of minor surgeries will be an advantage.