Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Account Assistant position.
S/he will be part of the Finance Department and will support the Payables function including collection and reimbursement of petty cash floats for our client’s centres.
Key Result Areas
1. Process supplier invoices in the creditors ledger
- Collect fully supported invoices from Procurement section;
- Record received invoices in the document movement book;
- Review submitted invoices for accuracy against IPR, LPO, GRN for accuracy;
- Post reviewed supplier invoices into the creditors ledger on a daily basis against approved charge codes; and
- Arrange posted invoices by supplier name in readiness for payment
2. Process supplier payments
- Preparation of payment voucher against supplier invoices entered in the creditors ledger;
- Attach respective supplier invoices to the voucher; and
- Submit invoices and payment voucher for authorization and payment.
3. Reconcile creditors accounts
- Collect statements from suppliers;
- Review creditors statement against the creditors ledger;
- Follow up on missing invoices and querry discrepancies on invoices;
- Prepare individual supplier reconciliation report;
- Tracking movement of documents from archive; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of archive.
4. Petty cash management
- Maintain support office petty cash in safe custody;
- Disburse petty cash against approved petty cash vouchers;
- Reconciled float against paid vouchers;
- Prepare reimbursement request when float reaches reimbursement level;
- Process petty cash reimbursement requests from centres;
- Post petty cash expenses from centres and support office into SUN;
- Participate in quarterly stock take exercise;
- Participate in asset verification; and
- Relieving duties as assigned when other finance staff are on leave.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or related fields from a recognised institution of higher learning or CPA II;
- The candidate should have experience working with any EDP system (working knowledge of inflow and SUN will be an added advantage); and
- Minimum one year’s work experience in accounting either in private sector or NGO.
- Possess excellent data entry and processing skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
- If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 13th June 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected] clearly marking “Account Assistant” on the subject line
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted