Job Title: Account Receivable Officer
Our client, a prestigious International Luxury Hotel company, in Nairobi is looking for an Accounts Receivable Officer. The successful candidate will be in charge of performing the account receivable daily operation, responsible for auditing and verifying bills transferred to city ledger and relevant accounts with back up information. He /she will required to handle the posting of all payment and invoice allocation as well as assist Credit Manager in all matters related to billing and collection.
- Check if items have been received on the expected dates.
• Verify if goods received are in accordance with standards specifications.
• Check quantity against invoice.
• Prepares and attaches tags to all perishable items
• Check unit price against quotation on purchases orders.
• Open boxes for inspection and weigh item pieces on scale.
• Stamp and sign invoices and send food directly to kitchens.
• Schedule supplies delivery times and maintain scales in proper adjustment.
• Coordinate with purchasing storekeeper, cost controller and alert the cost controller of any problems.
• Prepare receiving record and compile daily receiving report.
• Maintain proper filling system for all documents relating to this area.
• Recommends corrective actions for unfavourable variances in job standards and budget commitment.
• Establishes two-way communication within and related departments.
• Communicate effectively with guests, subordinates, immediate supervisors and other section heads.
• Attend briefing and departmental meetings or as assigned by supervisor.
• Manage time effectively by meeting deadlines on time.
• Identify and solve problems in a professional manner.
• Assists others to ensure the operation is run smoothly and effectively.
• Knows and understands policies of the department well and guide others.
• Recognize good quality products and presentation.
• Provides assistance to the others when required.
- Minimum education of Bachelor degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 3 years in accounting experience, month end closing with guest ledger etc.
• Knowledgeable in Front Office, F&B cashiering procedures, night audit.
• Proficiency in Opera, Micros and sun.
• Have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
• Have an analytical minded and be proactive.
• Posses professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal.