Deadline: 29th February 2016
Job Purpose / Summary: The Accountant shall be responsible for executing systems, procedures and controls in the entire accounting function covering the accounting policies, procedures and control, manner of record maintenance and reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist us to design and develop an accounting system for our company.
- Filling KRA Monthly Tax Returns (withholding, VAT and income tax etc) via iTax platform.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Oversee the management and preparation of financial statements and management accounts.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts and financial reports.
- Ensure filing of all payments made and record all financial transactions for easy retrieval and reference
- Make regular reports to the board on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets.
- Apply accounting system compliance with generally accepted accounting principles for auditing purposes.
- Act as the custodian of accounting records, ledgers, revenues and operating expenses
- To manage and oversee the internal audit process and be in-charge of reviewing accounting and administrative controls
- Oversee clearance of debts and arrears within agreed timelines
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree (Accounting option) or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Should have a CPA (K) or equivalent.
- Skills in QuickBooks, Sage, Pastel and ERP systems.
- Proficient in MS Office applications especially Word, Excel and Access.
- Good Interpersonal skills i.e. Influencing, communication and negotiation skills,
- Problem solving and Analytical skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward a copy of your updated CV to [email protected] before close of business 29th February 2016. Only qualified and successful candidates will be contacted.