Accountant II Job at Bukura Agricultural College, Kenya
BAC 5 –TWO (2) POSTS
JOB REF: BAC/ACCT/05/2016
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- This is the entry and training grade for the Accountants. An officer at this level will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting work of limited scope under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Specifically, work will involve preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations involving primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc.
- The scope and complexity of work will increase with experience and training but the officer will still be under close guidance where new tasks are involved.
- She/he will be responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him/her.
Specifications for Accountant Job
For appointment to the grade of Accountant II, a candidate must have the following qualifications:-
- A pass in Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA 3$4) Examination or it’s recognized equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following key personal attributes and core competences:
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce.
- Good Knowledge in the professional field of specialization.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to take instructions.
- Good organization and supervisory skills.
- Team playing skills
- Care for resources
- Manual dexterity
- Execution of instructions.
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Records Management skills.
All applicants should submit certified copies of compliance certificates from the following institutions:
- Criminal Investigations Department,
- Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Higher Education Loans Board,
- Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission; and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Terms of Service
The post of Finance and Administration Officer will be offered on a three years contract basis renewable upon satisfactory performance. The rest of the posts will be offered on Permanent and Pensionable Terms.
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope so as to reach the address shown below by 10th August 2016- 5.00 p.m.
- The Principal/CEO Bukura Agricultural College P.O. BOX 23-50105 Bukura
- Or E-mail to: [email protected]