Our Client one of the largest steel making business in the East and Central Africa region is looking to recruit an Accountant. The ideal candidate MUST be Gujarati / Hindi speaking.
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
• Responsible for all areas of financial and management reporting
• Create a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure the timely production of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
• Oversee the accounts receivables and payables
• Carry out month-end reconciliations of all bank accounts and supplier accounts for the MD
• Complete and file all statutory (VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF) returns before the legal deadlines
• Assist with the annual budgeting process
• Prepare the year-end financial accounts and liaise closely with the external auditors
- A minimum of 3 years’ corporate experiences working as a general accountant.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
• ACCA / CPA qualified
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Working knowledge of an ERP would be an advantage
• Basic knowledge of Kenyan tax legislation
• Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel
• Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards
• Entrepreneurial mind set with a creative problem solving ability
• Results oriented mind set
• Ability to communicate effectively