Accountant Job At Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KCAA SCALE 8
Department / Section: Finance (EASA)
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation Act, No. 21 of 2013. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill vacant positions in the establishment
Accountant Job Purpose
- To design and implement an effective accounting and internal control system for the East African School of Aviation, supervise revenue activities and maintain proper and complete records of all revenue accruing from training and conferencing activities at EASA
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Reviewing records of all transactions on a daily basis to ensure that they form an accurate and complete basis for revenue recognition and reporting.
- Supervising the invoicing process for credit sales to ensure that invoices are accurate, complete and that they are prepared on a timely basis.
- Supervising the receipt of money from customers and maintaining security procedures to ensure that all money collected is banked intact.
- Maintaining control accounts and reconciling them to ledger records and investigating any variances arising out of the reconciliations.
- Responding to audits, customers and management queries on matters relating to EASA revenue.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the revenue clerks
- Planning and implementing staff training and motivation plans and addressing skills development
- Preparing and submitting periodic revenue reports to the Senior Accountant Revenue Assurance
- Carrying out any other duties within their competence assigned by Management
Qualifications For Accountant Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Business related field
- Professional Qualifications: Minimum of CPA (II) or equivalent
- At least three years in a busy accounting environment including supervisory functions.
- Computer literate and practical knowledge of accounting information systems.
- Broad-based accounting and financial knowledge as is required for a generalist accountant (ledger, revenue collection, accounts payables and budget planning).
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the job vacancies are required to apply online by logging into KCAA recruitment portal at here Fill in the required information and attach copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating among other things current day time telephone and full contact of three professional referees. The applications should be received not later than 23rd September 2016. Hardcopy applications are also acceptable but applicants are required to quote the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, then submit to the address indicated below. Take note that online applications will still be required even if hard copy applications are submitted. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Director General Kenya Civil Aviation Authority KCAA AVIATION HOUSE P. O. BOX 30163 – 00100 NAIROBI