The Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) is a State Corporation established under the Film and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 Laws of Kenya to regulate the creation, broadcast, distribution and exhibition of film and broadcast content to conform to national aspirations, values, culture and morality.
Further, the Kenya Information and Communications Act (KICA) empowers KFCB to impose age restrictions on programmes to protect children and minors from exposure to harmful content.
The Board invites applications from suitable and qualified persons to fill the following position:
KFCB Grade 8
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Accounts, duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Preparing payment vouchers, imprests and committal documents in accordance with laid down financial rules and regulations;
- Capturing data, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports;
- Receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers;
- Writing cheque and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books;
- Balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
- Maintaining of revenue collection register;
- Extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis;
- Paying personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books in line with Treasury regulations;
- Preparing of quarterly financial management reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Three years’ work experience gotten from a busy finance or accounting office;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration(Accounting option),or any other related equivalent qualification and passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination;
- Certificate in computer applications;
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing day time telephone contacts, names and contacts of three referees and certified copies of the National Identity card and both academic and professional certificates to reach the undersigned not later than 2nd September, 2016
- Chief Executive Officer Kenya Film Classification Board P. O. Box 44226 – 00100 Uchumi House Nairobi