Tana Water Services Board is one of the eight Water Services Boards under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation created under the Water Act 2002 with the mandate of providing economical and efficient Water and Sewerage Services within its area of jurisdiction.
The Board covers the six counties of Murang’a, Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka-Nithi and Meru with its Head Office in Nyeri town.
The Board invites qualified personnel to fill the following vacant position:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accountant will be responsible for compiling and posting general ledger information and summaries concerning transactions.
The specific duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management & projects financial reports
- Prepare annual financial statements
- Process all payment and post to the general ledger
- Maintain and regularly update the Fixed Assets Register, including computation of monthly
- depreciation and posting the same to the General Ledger
- Monitor monthly revenues and expenses and where applicable ensure that they are accrued or posted in the correct accounting period
- Bank and accounts reconciliations
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Prepare audit schedules and liaise with both internal and external auditors
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor degree in Commerce/Business Administration majoring in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized University
- Professional qualification in Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)
- Good understanding and experience in all aspects of accounting and financial management including management of donor funds
- Exposure to computerized financial systems together with experience in dealing with public sector accounting
- Ability to negotiate budgets at the highest levels and manage human and other resources is an asset for this job
- Ability to consistently meet strict deadlines is mandatory
- At least 5 years working experience in a busy Accounts/Finance Office of which 2 must be in a supervisory level
- Familiarity with donor funded projects and financial reporting are a definite advantage.
- A holder of masters degree in finance/accounting or related field will have an added advantage.
- Knowledge of international public sector accounting standards (IPSAS)
- Knowledge of procurements and disposal Act 2015
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent communication
- Negotiation and problem solving skills.
This position is on a permanent and pensionable terms.
How to Apply
- Those who meet the specified requirements should send their Application Letter in a sealed Envelope Marked with the Title of the position being applied for; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates and National Identity /Passport.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to show proof of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau and Compliance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
- The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 29th of July, 2016 at close of business (5pm).
- The Chief Executive Officer Tana Water Services Board Baden Powell Road P. O. Box 1292 – 10100 Nyeri – Kenya
- Sealed Hand-Delivered Applications can be dropped at the Registry – Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) MAJI House, Baden Powel Road.
- Applicants may alternatively choose to email their Applications to: – [email protected] with the title of the position being applied for as the subject.
- NB: Candidates are expected to state their current and expected salary
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- TWSB is an equal opportunity employer and people of all diversities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.