- Bachelor of Commerce degree and/or CPA (K) or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a busy accounting department
- Experience in Hospitality industry preferably Tourism sector will be an added advantage.
- Key Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Good knowledge of Accounting standards and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to make quick and balanced decisions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of accounts receivable transactions and ensuring that company finances are maintained in an effective way and accurate manner
- Manage day to day operations of the accounts receivable function
- Reconciliation of debtors accounts and submit the report to the Chief Accountant
- Timely and accurate raising of invoices, credit notes, statements and costing schedules.
- Maintain customer accounts which should be reconciled to the debtors control accounts.
- Monitor accounts to ensure receipts are up to date and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Generating monthly VAT schedules and fill out the VAT returns for submission to KRA
- Generate fixed asset movement schedule from the fixed assets ledger and fixed assets module in the accounting system
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and other documentation that may be required during the annual audit.
- Work closely with the Chief Accountant and other accountants on month end closure processes
How to Apply
Those who meet the above qualifications should email their resume together with an application to [email protected] before 22nd August 2015.