Job Title: Hospital Accountant
Job Code: HA/MZ/160630
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Finance Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is a Hospital looking for a Hospital Accountant.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the maintenance of assigned general ledger accounts.
This individual is accountable for the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules.
- Maintenance of General Ledger, Accounts Analysis, Reconciliations and Review of the Trial Balance
- Ensure that all the Hospital’s bank and cash accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that outstanding items are followed up and cleared.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Preparation & Input of Journal Entries with the approval of the Finance Manager
- Preparation of information required for internal management reports and outside reporting.
- Compilation of information and preparation of schedules required by internal and independent auditors for assigned areas of responsibility
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end closing tasks that include, account analysis, reconciliations, accruals, journal entries, actual to forecast variance analysis etc.
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory and monitoring inventory transactions
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Analyzing inventory cost variances and other accuracy issues impacting perpetual inventory records
- Develop a strong understanding of business, inventory flow and systems.
- Assist with planning, execution, reconciliation and reporting of physical inventory counts.
Specified Skills, Aptitudes & Abilities:
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and staff
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting (B.comm) or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years Financial Accounting/General Ledger experience and particularly Inventory/Stock Accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (heavy pivots and V-lookups) and Word.
- Possess a high level of initiative and accountability, constantly striving to raise the bar.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication required with a demonstrated ability in planning and organizing work.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and dynamic environment while managing shifting priorities.
- Demonstrable HMIS experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Hospital Accountant Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.