M-Pesa Foundation Academy
Recruitment of top talent for a world-class education institution
Our client, the M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, mixed boarding high school that will provide world-class Kenyan education.
The Academy will admit its first cohort of Form One students in 2016. It is in this view that the M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dynamic individuals with exceptional skills in the following capacities:
The accountant will be responsible for performing overviews of the financial operations of The Academy in order to help it run efficiently.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing;
- Generate quarterly balance sheet and Profit and Loss statements;
- Monthly expense variance analysis for reporting purposes;
- Reconciliations including foreign currency accounting, bank statements;
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and compliance to internal policies;
- Review of staff advances, retirements and other payments; and
- Interface with management in various areas mainly reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field with a minimum of upper second class;
- At least 5 years of work experience in an accounting role;
- CPA or ACCA qualification is required;
- Good oral and written English communication skills;
- Good interpersonal, planning and organization skills;
- Demonstrated attention to details;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Strong reconciliation and reporting skills; and
- Knowledge of local Tax law.
How to Apply
The ideal candidates must embody Excellence, Responsible Citizenship, Curiosity, Accountability, Leadership and Innovation – the values that will drive life across all elements of The Academy for educators, learners, and staff. If you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please email a cover letter and your CV quoting the reference number of the job you are applying for in your email to [email protected] on or before 2nd October 2015 addressed to: The Director
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Email : [email protected]
About us: The vision of the Academy is to develop transformational leaders through innovative approaches to education. The core curriculum of the Academy is the 8-4-4 curriculum. The academic concepts shall be covered in exciting and innovative ways.
Great focus will be given to entrepreneurship and leadership, giving the students time to learn outside the classroom, explore the arts and take part in sports.
The Academy will serve talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
The Academy will cultivate the students’ abilities to innovate irrespective of their academic strengths or weaknesses.
As such, students will work with teachers and one another to design projects that can solve real world challenges. Students who graduate from the Academy will be leaders in their fields of interest such as business, academia, politics, sports and the arts.
They will be the entrepreneurs and community leaders who will drive Kenya forward.