Our client is a Chinese Company that deals with online wholesale of products made in China, offering Kenyan traders with Chinese quality products with competitive prices.
They are looking to recruit an Accountant who will be tasked with the day to day accounts operations matters.
Industry: E- Commerce
Salary: 40k – 50k
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Ensuring regular invoicing, receive and receipt payment
- Administering VAT and processing returns
- Administering the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave)
- Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations. Deal with daily petty cash.
- Undertaking the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records, and photocopying.
- Ensuring all filing is done in a timely, accurate and organized manner
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Minimum CPA section 2 or equivalent
- At least 1- 2years experience in accounting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages such as Pastel, Sage, QuickBooks
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and mature
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Should also have experience in internal auditing and in all areas of accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Have high good attention to detail
- The candidate must be mature, very reliable and strict on reporting.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Ecommerce) to [email protected] before Friday 14th July, 2017.