Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Security Company
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a Security Company.
Job Summary: The Accountant carries out a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; support in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides highly responsible staff assistance to assigned management staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out a variety of professional accounting functions supporting operations; maintain accuracy of general, revenue, and expenditure ledgers and subsidiary financial systems.
• In charge of reconciling financial ledgers and records; prepare financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules; research and resolve discrepancies.
• Regularly review and audit all accounts payable, purchase orders, cash receipts, business licenses, payroll, utility billing, and other accounting records and transactions; ensure money is posted to correct accounts and that all accounts balance.
• Offer technical support in the development of the annual budget; assist in the review and validation of the annual budget; create a variety of spreadsheets, documents, and graphs; assist in preparing the final budget document for approval by City Council.
• In charge of preparing bank reconciliations and related journal entries for a variety of accounts.
• Prepare a variety of monthly, periodic, and annual financial and statistical reports and account summaries; prepare treasurer reports; prepare and file annual State Controllers Report.
• Support in the preparation of year end closings and accompanying financial reports.
• Perform grant accounting work related to state or grant agency funding; maintain records for audit purposes.
• Maintain and track fixed asset inventory control records for the City.
• Participate in the year-end audit; compile and prepare supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports as requested by auditors.
• In charge of preparing property tax remittances for payment.
• Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve issues in an efficient and timely manner.
• Provide responsible staff assistance to management staff; perform special department projects as assigned.
• Serve as department liaison to various City committees as necessary.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a good Bachelor’s accounting, B.com, or finance degree from an accredited college or university.
• Possession of professional qualifications like ACCA.
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience performing journey to complex accounting and finance work, preferably in a municipal setting.
• Working knowledge of operations, services and activities of a general accounting program.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and auditing including general ledger, debit, credit, journal entries and audit procedures.
• Principles and practices of governmental accounting.
• Working knowledge of computerized accounting and financial systems.
• Methods and techniques of analyzing general ledgers and preparing journal entries.
• The applicant must be proficient in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Principles of municipal budget preparation and control.
• Methods and techniques of preparing financial reports and statements.
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of financial record keeping and reporting.
• Principles of business letter writing and report preparation.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply should send their CVs via Email to; [email protected]
Deadline: 14th August, 2015 by 5:00pm.